Why is Puppy Start Right Preschool so important?
- ALL puppies need puppy socialization! Let us help you socialize your puppy safely!
- The best time to start is when your sweet perfect puppy is still behaving perfectly!
- There is NO advantage to waiting! The window of socialization begins to close at 12 weeks of age!
- It is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT things you can do to ensure your puppy's future.
- Socialization is not just about interacting with a bunch of people and puppies. Learn what it IS and what it ISN'T!
- Positive exposure to many new things can protect your puppy against future behavioral issues.
- Socialization is necessary for your puppy's ability to cope as an adult dog and, without it, can lead to lifelong deficits.
In Puppy Start Right Preschool you will learn to:
- Use positive reinforcement training with your puppy.
- Prevent and manage undesired puppy behaviors.
- Ensure that socialization experiences are positive for your pup.
- Understand normal canine behavior.
- Read canine body language.
- Build a lifelong bond with your puppy.
In Puppy Start Right Preschool your puppy will learn to:
- Be comfortable around new and novel stimuli, people and sounds.
Accept handling and restraint to become great veterinary patients.
Be independent. This is important to prevent separation anxiety.
Explore their environment at their own pace.
Learn to share or trade valued items (chew toys, foods, furniture).
Foundation skills that will help you live happily together.
Puppy Start Right Preschool Socialization Topics:
- Wheels and Children's Toys
- Health and Handling
- Costumes and Appearances-Sounds odd but you'll learn why this topic is important!
- Obstacles and Sounds
Puppy Start Right Preschool Prevention Topics:
- House training
- Playing biting & chewing
- Handling & restraint (to become a good vet patient!)
- Food bowl issues
- Confinement & crate training
- Independence training
Puppy Start Right Preschool Introduction to Training Topics:
- Clicker Training (To communicate clearly to your puppy!)
- Leave it / Drop it
- Leash Manners
Puppy Start Right Preschool Group benefits:
- Class Sizes are kept small to ensure there is time for plenty of one on one feedback and support.
- Both puppy and new puppy owners benefit from learning in a low distraction environment that they feel comfortable in.
- Puppies get a chance to play and interact with others in a safe environment.
- Instructor is there for hands on instruction.
Are you ready to sign your puppy up?
Click the button below to enroll!
ROC Animal Training & Behavior
Dog Trainer. People Teacher.