Are you ready to sign your puppy up?
Click the button below to enroll!
ROC Animal Training & Behavior
We want to keep all our puppies healthy. To help prevent the spread of contagious diseases preventative veterinary care is required before attending class. One set of Distemper/Parvo vaccine, clear fecal and proof of dewormer or preventative. This can be uploaded during enrollment or emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) before orientation. If you do not have this turned in your puppy can not come to class.
The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) Position Statement on Puppy Classes and Vaccination (Click to view)
The Premier Force Free and Positive Trainer in Moore and South OKC
Held at ROC Animal Training and Behavior 9102 S Walker Ave OKC.
Includes Orientation Session
(4) Online Lessons (online lessons are available for your viewing for 8 weeks once you have started the course)
(4) One Hour Classroom Lessons
The Puppy Start Right book ($25 value!)
Limited class size of "6" so your pup will get personalized attention.
All household members involved in the daily activity of the puppy. Puppies should be between 8 and 12 weeks of age when starting class (must be started on their vaccination series before orientation.)
Early puppyhood is a critical time for socialization and learning. Puppy class is the single most important thing you can do to help your puppy reach his full potential!
- (4) Online Lessons
- (4) One Hour Classroom Lessons
- The Puppy Start Right book ($25 value!)
- Clicker and Treat bag
- 5 week class total (orientation and 4 one hour classroom lessons.)
Why is Puppy Start Right Preschool so important?
- ALL puppies need puppy socialization! The ideal age to enroll is 8-15 weeks of age!
- The best time to start is when your sweet perfect puppy is still behaving perfectly!
- There is NO advantage to waiting! The window of socialization begins to close at 12 weeks of age!
- It is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT things you can do to ensure your puppy's future.
- Socialization is not something that can be done at home or alone! Learn what it IS and what it ISN'T.
- Positive exposure to many new things can protect your puppy against future behavioral issues.
- Socialization is necessary for your puppy's ability to cope as an adult dog and, without it, can lead to lifelong deficits.
In Puppy Start Right Preschool you will learn to:
- Use positive reinforcement training with your puppy.
- Prevent and manage undesired puppy behaviors.
- Ensure that socialization experiences are positive for your pup.
- Understand normal canine behavior.
- Read canine body language.
- Build a lifelong bond with your puppy.
In Puppy Start Right Preschool your puppy will learn to:
- Be comfortable around new and novel stimuli, people and sounds.
- Accept handling and restraint to become great veterinary patients.
- Meet and play with different breeds of an appropriate age.
- Be independent. This is important to prevent separation anxiety.
- Explore their environment at their own pace.
- Learn to share or trade valued items (chew toys, foods, furniture).
Puppy Start Right Preschool Socialization Topics:
- Wheels and Children's Toys
- Health and Handling
- Costumes and Appearances-Sounds odd but you'll learn why this topic is important!
- Obstacles and Sounds
Puppy Start Right Preschool Prevention Topics:
- House training
- Playing biting & chewing
- Handling & restraint (to become a good vet patient!)
- Food bowl issues
- Confinement & crate training
- Independence training
Puppy Start Right Preschool Introduction to Training Topics:
- Clicker Training (To communicate clearly to your puppy!)
- Leave it / Drop it
- Leash Manners